Sunday, December 21, 2008

3 minute chocolate coffee mug cake

Caroline gave me this recipe a while ago and it's been sitting on my kitchen counter for a while. Gary decided he wanted to try it out. For the life of me I couldn't figure out where he got the chocolate cake from. I thought he had bought it from the supermarket and hidden it from me or something! Then it dawned on me that he made the 3 minute chocolate cake! It was REALLY EASY!!! And you don't have to make an entire cake and eat it for a week... :)














Serves 2-3
4 tbsp cake flour or all purpose (plain, not self-raising)
4 tbsp splenda/sugar (I thought it was a bit sweet so maybe less than this)
2 tbsp baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
small dash of vanilla
1 microwaveable coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug - mix well. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil and mix well. Add chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little. Tip out onto plate if desired.

YUMMOOOOOOOO!!

No comments:

suicidepreventionlifeline.org