Thursday, February 5, 2009

Daddy's girl

Lydia has been making strides! She turned 3 months old this week. She had to get her synagis shot at the doctor's yesterday. Her new weight? A whopping 8lbs 7oz!! What a porker!! She weighs twice as much as she did when we brought her home. They downloaded her apnea monitor to see how she was doing. Still having a few bradycardia events - it didn't look like she had any apnea though. How strange. She started off having apnea and hardly any bradycardia. Anyway, she has been on and off the oxygen (as she hates the cannula up her nose) so we're hoping that she can come off the oxygen soon. The doctors seem hopeful that it will be in the next few weeks, so we'll see!

Here are some cute pics of Gary and Lydia. They are quite the pair. They are a bit couch potato-y right now, but we've made a commitment to being healthy and active once she starts really moving about. I know we are chubby heads, but I am going to do as much as I can to make sure Lydia is not! It's not really all that fun growing up chubby. So I am committed to healthy eating, healthy lifestyles and healthy entertainment. So come join us for a walk when it gets warmer, or make Lydia some healthy snacks when she starts eating solids! Okay, it won't be for a while but we are close! Look how quickly 3 months has flown by!

Look at this cute outfit! This is another outfit that Annie bought for her when she found out that Lydia was a preemie. When Annie and Joe were over here, we didn't really buy any small clothes as we thought she'd be pretty tubby! She still isn't in those outfits yet, but she will be soon. She is growing quickly now :)
Lydia spent her first night in the crib last night. I have been having a bit of an issue with her feeding at 10, 11, 12 and 1am! First off, it may have something to do with her being a bit heavier; we weren't feeding her enough. My Mum said to put 4 oz in a bottle to see if she would take it. I was like, OKAY if you say so...! I wasn't really sure she would finish it, but we tried it - she finished it and she's been sleeping 4-5 hours after that, wakes up once at night, then sleeps til morning. Not bad, hey?! Then peeps were telling me I had to have a bedtime routine. SO we started one last night haha. Well, it's similar to what we've been doing already, except instead of having her out in the front room in the bassinet with the TV going, we're putting her down in her crib around 8-ish now. She is waking up around 10:30 starving though, so I think we still need some work!

1 comment:

Thy said...

Healthy eating! Oh no, I feel awful about bringing baked ziti. Keep me posted on the Healthy Lifestyle Club, because I need to tune into that too.
(PS. Lydia is as cute in person as she is in photos.)