Tuesday, March 22, 2011

33

Time flies when you're sick!  Gary caught the lurgy from Lydia last week so he was also sick for his birthday yesterday.  Poor guy!  Luckily, I didn't catch this last round of sickness.  Thank goodness!  I just had to deal with my allergies, what with the pollen coating everything in sight and turning things green over here.  I can't imagine how hot the summer is going to be as it has already been in the mid-20s all of this first Spring week!

 Here is a funny Lydia-ism to keep you laughing.

Lydia waving her fork around at the dinner table.
Me:  Lydia, stop waving your fork around!
Lydia looks at her fork, waves at it and says:  Hi Fork!

Lydia's decided she's scared of bugs.  When she sees little bugs or flies, she starts shaking herself and saying, 'Scared!'  The other day, Gary had the mixer out and before he even plugged it in she was freaking out.  Apparently the mixer is the most frightening thing in the house right now. 
I had a dream the other night.  I dreamt that I was being attacked by lions.  I was walking to some sort of class, and there was an enclosure full of lions.  There were people surrounding it, linking arms, trying to keep the lions in.  You could say that there is some meaning to this dream.  Perhaps I'm trapped, my inner aggression being contained by others.  Or maybe my goal in life is to try to contain the scary things of life to protect others.  Yeah, that's not it.  Gary's bloody SNORING infiltrated my dreams, putting bloody LIONS in my path.  I woke up to my cell phone ringing at 3am (it was the phone system at work calling me - it randomly does that from time to time) and I was actually thankful that I was woken and saved from being attacked!  When I came back to bed, Gary was snoring very loudly and I thought, 'Hmmm, that sound is very familiar...'  LIONS!!
Okay, I'll try not to leave it so long next time. 

I'm thinking about sewing some cool things over the next week.  Maybe I'll have something to show you guys next time I post :)

No comments:

suicidepreventionlifeline.org