Saturday, February 28, 2009

No more monitor!

Say goodbye to the apnea monitor! MUSC called to say we could take Lydia off the monitor :) Hurray! She's been off it for almost a week. It seems strange to be able to carry her all over the house without leads getting caught up all over the place! We were a bit nervous at first, but we've been doing fairly well the past few days and it's almost like we never had it. Lydia is almost 4 months old already. How time flies! Here are a few pics of her with Gary. Everyone keeps telling me how they look so alike. After looking at these photos, I have to agree. She's like a mini-Gary-clone, especially in the picture below! Lydia will be taking her first trip out of state next week. We're going to Atlanta for a wedding. It's going to be quite the experience, and logistically nightmarish! But we are going to have fun and enjoy our last hurrah before I return to work full-time. I worked 3 days last week and I was exhausted! So I can only imagine what working full-time is going to do to me. I will probably crash on the weekends and be as useful as limp lettuce.

My newest resolution is to save money on my grocery shopping. I love to look at the ads to see what's on sale, but then I never follow up on it and just end up buying stuff that's not on sale! So today I went grocery shopping and tried to follow the ads rather than just buy random crap that I don't need. Granted, I still bought stuff I don't really need, but I did fairly well staying on target and following my shopping list! Alright then, best be off to relax and catch up on sleep!! Yes, it's the middle of the day, but that's what weekends are for! Or at least until it warms up a bit and we can go to the park and stuff like that ;) Apparently it might SNOW tomorrow or Monday?! What?! I can't even remember the last time I saw a real snowfall...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I'm loving your photos and blog Sonia. I can't believe I'm going to have to wait so long before I finally see her, by then I'll be earning some money and if our economy isn't so rubbish, Lydia (and you guys) are going to be spoilt rotten! x

de said...

Congrats on the monitor being gone! Yea! She sure is a cutie... she does look alot like Gary, but there is definitely some of you in her too! You guys definitely can not deny her!! Good luck on going back to work. I'm sure it will be difficult physically and emotionally for awhile... just hang in there! I bet Lydia is excited about her first ou of town trip! Take lots of pics! When are you going to introduce her to scrapboking?! We need a girls day soon!

suicidepreventionlifeline.org