Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Well, two weeks of festive spirit are over. We had a lovely Christmas and New Year's Eve as we spent it with family. Here's a pic of Lydia standing next to her rocking chair. Grandma and Grandpa Donnelly got her the chair and made everyone some new stockings.
We put a few decorations up around the house. One of the Christmas stuffed toys we found was this pig that Gary has had since childhood. When you push its...hoof (?!) it starts oinking the jingle bells tune. The snout also starts to move up and down. Lydia thought it was incredibly funny.

Of all her presents, here's one of her favourites. Wrapping paper! She has been playing with the maracas that Grandma and Grandpa got her, as well as the shape sorter. Her favourite right now is the ball popper that Gary's boss got her, and the singing teapot that Shannon, Bryan and the kids got her. I think I have that tune permanently imprinted on my brain!
Lydia wasn't cranky during the day yesterday, but she sure wasn't happy when we tried to put her down to sleep. Little Miss Toothy is getting another tooth to go along with the two on the bottom and the one on top. She was in pain, poor thing. Gary felt about and felt another top incisor coming through.
We watched Star Wars movies on New Year's evening and New Year's day with the Pickett peeps. We hadn't watched those movies for ages, so it was fun to watch them again. The older I get, the more I realise that I have no retention span whatsoever. I don't remember movie plots, storylines, TV shows. I guess on some level I can't be bothered! Or I don't want to clutter my brain with this stuff? Who knows!

Alright, back to our regularly scheduled show. Maybe next week I will share how my new year's intentions are going? And what they are?!

1 comment:

de said...

What a cutie! How are you?! I never hear from you anymore! I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! It's so much fun with a little one around huh?! My nephew had a blast for sure!

suicidepreventionlifeline.org