Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Proof that the minnow walks!



I am so tired! This is the last late night of work...at least for this week! Work seems never-ending this month. We had a part-time staff meeting this evening which is always fun. I love spending time with people who care about others as compassion is something I am always working on. I don't think I always do well with it, but being kind should always be my intention.

And with all these late nights, I think I am due some time off very very soon. At least yesterday I managed to catch a miracle on camera. Lydia walking! Every time I tried to catch her walking, she wouldn't do it. She still finds crawling the fastest mode of transportation at this point.

The early interventionist came to the house this morning and was shocked. 2 weeks ago Lydia took 2 steps, MAYBE 3. After this weekend....BAM! A walking monster! Literally she went from wobbling around like Frankenstein at Chinese New Year to a walking little girl this weekend. It's just Lydia's style though. She takes a while to warm up to it, then she decides, okie dokie, I'm ready! Well she's not exactly walking all the time as she still crawls everywhere, but at least we know she can do it without any issues :)

It's such a relief to hear the early interventionist say that she is just about caught up to her chronological age. I try not to worry too much about her being behind, but I know I hold my breath a bit when she's not reached a milestone. Who knows what the future may bring, but I think we are in good shape so far.

Well, enjoy this cute video! Maybe next time you talk/see me I won't be a zombie without sleep, but a relaxed, refreshed person!

2 comments:

SheKan said...

Steady,steady...journey of a thousand miles, starting...

SheKan said...

grandma yuen ling has been watching this more than once every day since...but no sounds from her lap top...

suicidepreventionlifeline.org