Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Loving our children

Seems we need to hug our children a little tighter tonight.

Grief and loss has touched many of my friends and my heart hurts for what they have lost. I don't forget that I am lucky to have my child whilst others have lost theirs. Gary and I know a few people that have had/are having high-risk pregnancies, complications at birth, unexpected births. It brings me back to the NICU and our time there. It was scary, yet seems like it was such a long time ago now. Thinking of others experiencing this right now... it hurts my heart. It's not an easy road to travel. It's such a balancing act to love our child in the present, and pull ourselves away from the worry of the past and the fear of the future.

For us, it gets easier with time, with support and with hope.

No comments:

suicidepreventionlifeline.org